Donald E. Pitzer Distinguished Service Award
This award is named in honor of Dr. Donald E. Pitzer (University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, Indiana), who has served the CSA over the years as founder, board member, president, and executive director. It recognizes those persons who have contributed greatly to the organization’s work.
- Submit a written statement detailing the contributions of the nominee to the awards committee chair no later by submission deadline.
- In the letter of nomination, include:
- Exhibit list
- Resume or curriculum vitae, or other relevant information and documentation about the extent and distinction of the nominee’s scholarship in the field of communal studies.
June 1st of the award year.
- Any person or group is eligible for an award, but nominators must be members of the organization.
- Award Committee members are not eligible.
- Submitted materials become the property of the CSA unless return is requested and an envelope with return postage is provided.
- Nominations may be described or reviewed in any CSA publication without specific permission.
- Written nominations and nomination form must be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair by the nomination deadline.
Recipients will be announced at the annual fall conference and will receive a plaque honoring their accomplishments.