Distinguished Scholar Award
This award honors those persons who have contributed greatly to the scholarly study of communal societies, both past and present, concentrating on those in the United States.
- The person recommending the nominee should submit a written statement detailing the contributions of the nominee to the awards committee chair no later than the nomination deadline.
- The letter of recommendation must include:
- Exhibit list
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Other relevant information and documentation about the extent and distinction of the nominee’s scholarship in the field of communal studies.
June 1st of the award year.
- Any person is eligible for an award, but nominators must be members of the organization.
- Award Committee members are not eligible.
- Submitted materials become the property of the CSA, unless return is requested and an envelope with return postage is provided.
- Recommendations may be described or reviewed in any CSA publication without specific permission.
- Written recommendations and recommendation form must be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair by the nomination deadline.
Recipients will be announced at the annual fall conference and will receive a plaque honoring their accomplishments. This award may not necessarily be given each year.
Distinguished Scholar Award Committee Chair